With so much happening at the time of the wedding and so much to remember and prepare for, of course, it’s easy for things to be forgotten whether they are big or small. If you’re fearful about being unable to remember something or in fact a cluster of things, check out the following checklist of large and minor tasks to prompt yourself of what needs sorting or in some cases booking!
If there aren’t any invitations, then simply there will be no wedding! But aside from invitations, thank you cards are also very important and easy to forget in the hustle and bustle of wedding planning.
Printed items not to forget about leading up to the big day:
- Place cards for tables
- Thank you notes
- Menus if you have hired a caterer
There are some significant bits that you’ll need to find out before you plan your chair arrangements and set up for the reception and that includes:
- Disabled access – for friends and family in wheelchairs
- Maximum capacity – find out the maximum amount of people the venue can accommodate
- Safety – note where the fire escapes are and any additional safety measures you should know about at your chosen venue
- Flowers – decorations for the venue
There are obviously going to be lots of questions that you will want to ask before you plan the ceremony. From candle lighting to seating décor – here’s what you will need to remember:
- Will the location allow candles?
- Seating décor
- Flower girl petals
- Rings and ring cushion
The wedding reception is the fundamental of the entire night – when the real celebrations begin and it’s essential that all details are filled the things that will have to be remembered are:
- Table decorations
- Table cloth and seat covers
- Music and disco floor (DJ or Live Group)
- Cake table
- Wedding photographer
- Gifts table
- Place cards so guests know where they are sitting
- Something that has become increasingly popular at weddings is a photobooth/photo backdrop
It’s very easy to forget some of the essentials that involve the people helping you celebrate the big day but no need to worry as we have got you covered.
- Bride and bridesmaids
- Hair and makeup – it is advisable that you have a trial run done with the hairstylist and makeup artist.
- Dresses – whatever you decide on for yourself and your bridesmaids it’s best to go with the option that flatters everyone’s figure – don’t forget you can always find multiple styles in the same colour dresses.
- Any added accessories – necklaces and earrings.
Logistics of the entire day are important because that’s what is going to make the whole day run smoothly. Make sure you plan all the transportation for the big day.
- Bridal car – for the bride and the father of the bride, then the bride and groom.
- Bridesmaid car – for the bridesmaids and flower girl
- Groom car – for the groom and his best man
- Honeymoon car – the car the bride and groom leave the reception in.
- Plan transport or cars for elderly relatives without transportation.
Food and beverages
The food has to be able to cater for everyone – check if anyone is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or has any allergies or other dietary requirements.
- Signature drinks
- Cash or open bar
- Decide whether you want people to have a plated for a sit-down meal or buffet food.
Do you need any help planning your wedding? Feel free to get in touch.